The Websites may enable you to purchase, or apply for quotes for products and services such as motor insurance, vehicle lease or hire or accessories. Some of these products and/or services are provided by Ford Otosan's partners who will collect additional personal information from you in order to fulfil your requests. Our partners will use the personal information they collect as they describe in their privacy statements or as they explain when you provide your personal information.
In addition to this Policy, some Ford products and services (including some Ford Otosan apps) may have their own privacy policies which describe in more detail how your personal information is used in a particular context. You can also find out more about what information your vehicle collects and uses by consulting the owners' manual or its accompanying app (where available).
Who we share your personal information with
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
• companies or other organisations that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf such as web-hosting companies, mailing vendors, analytics providers, event hosting services, and information technology providers;
• companies or other organisations where you have asked us to or agreed that we may share your personal information with them;
• dealers and our partners where this is necessary to provide you with a product or service;
• professional advisors;
• any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of any third party or individuals' personal safety, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or safety issues; or
• any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Policy.
Ford Otosan may also transfer your personal information to Koç Holding A. Ş., Ford Motor Company, and other Ford Motor Company Group companies worldwide, and to their service providers. When we transfer your personal information, we will make sure that is used for purposes which are compatible with those described in this Policy.
Transferring your personal information internationally
Your personal information will be treated in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (“GDPR”) concerning data protection and may be transferred within the European Economic Area ("EEA"), as well as to countries outside the EEA (including to Turkey and the USA). When we transfer your personal information outside the EEA we will put in place appropriate safeguards in accordance with our legal obligations to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected irrespective of the country to which it is transferred. These safeguards may include obtaining contractual assurances from any third party given access to your personal information that your personal information will be protected by standards which are equivalent to those that protect your personal information when it is in the EEA. If you would like to know more about how Ford Otosan protects your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA, please contact us at the address below.
What personal information will we use?
Ford Otosan collects personal information from the Exhibition and Websites:
• when you fill in forms (for example, if you request a test drive)
• The Websites enable you to provide personal information including:
• your name and contact information (such as your address, telephone number(s) and email address) and information about your business or employer if you are enquiring in a commercial capacity;
• information about your vehicle (including your Vehicle Identification Number ("VIN"), vehicle registration number, model, age and mileage);
• the products and services in which you are interested; and
• your contact and marketing preferences.
In addition, we;
• collect your personal information if you contact us using the details available through the Websites (for example, we will keep a record of the information you provide when you write to us or contact our customer service centres); and
• may combine the information we hold with information about you or your interests, socio-economic and socio-demographic status, online identifiers and current contact details collected by third parties such as marketing agencies.
• When you take your vehicle to be serviced or repaired we will collect diagnostic information about your vehicle and keep a record of the work carried out and parts supplied. You can find out about what personal information is collected when your Ford vehicle is serviced or repaired Repair, diagnosis and servicing for your Ford vehicle.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information we collect from the Exhibition and Websites to:
• fulfil your requests;
• manage and improve our business and our relationship with you;
• deal with your enquiries;
• conduct research;
• send you marketing material in line with your communications preferences;
• comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities, to respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties, to prevent and detect crime and fraud, or protect your, our or others’ rights; and
• operate the Websites, personalise it to you, and to understand how the Website is used so that we can improve it.
We may combine and analyse your personal information to:
• help us understand, develop and improve our products, processes, services and marketing and business strategies;
• personalise our products and services to you;
• to understand our customers better; and
• to manage and improve our relationship with you.
This could include, for example, informing our distribution strategy, evaluating the effectiveness of our marketing and customer service, conducting market analysis and identifying products or services which may be of interest to you, and contacting you to tell you about such products and services.
For more information about how the personal information we collect when your vehicle is serviced or repaired, please see the Repair, diagnosis and servicing for your Ford vehicle section below.
We keep your personal information in identifiable form for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it and to comply with our legal obligations. This generally means holding your personal information for as long as one of the following apply:
• your personal information is reasonably required in order to provide the services you have requested to you;
• your personal information is reasonably required in order to protect and defend our rights or property (this will generally be the length of the relevant legal limitation period); or
• we are otherwise required to keep your personal information by applicable laws or regulations.
What lawful grounds do we rely on when we use your personal information?
There are different lawful grounds that we rely on to use your personal information and we will collect and use your personal information in the following situations:
• where our use of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract or contracts that you are a party to, or to take steps that you request before entering into a contract. These contracts could include the conditions on which you enter a competition or agreements you enter into for service products, for example;
• where our use of your personal information is within our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of the organisation with which we have shared your personal information and we have made sure that your personal information, and your rights in relation to that information, are protected. For example, we may rely on this legal ground if we and/or the companies within the Ford Motor Company group use your personal information to: understand and improve our (or their) products, services and/or marketing strategies; for research purposes; to manage and improve our relationship with you and for administrative purposes; to help find out what information, products and services are most likely to interest you and to send or show you information, offers, and online advertisements for these products or services; to personalise your experience of our products and services; to ensure that our products and services are delivered and used in accordance with the law and the terms and conditions that apply to them; and where necessary to protect or defend our or another's rights or property, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety or privacy issues;
• where we believe it is necessary to use your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject;
• in limited circumstances where we believe it is necessary to protect someone's safety or vital interests; and
• where we have your consent. We will rely on your consent to, for example, collect technical information such as data from cookies and similar technologies as we describe in Ford Otosan's cookies guide and to use your personal information for marketing to you by email and text message. Where we rely on consent to use your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please see the 'Your rights' section of this policy for more details.
We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which they are processed. Your personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) of the GDPR subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard your rights and freedoms.
You have the right as an individual to find out what information we hold about you and for what purposes, as well as to access that information and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right in some circumstances to object to our use of your personal information, to ask us to restrict or erase your personal information or to request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organisations.
Where you have consented to our use of your personal information (please see the section named What lawful grounds do we rely on when we use your personal information? for further information), you can withdraw your consent at any time. If you wish to do so, please contact us at the address below.
We will make all practical efforts to respect your wishes. However, certain legislation, especially related to safety issues or financial regulation might prevent this.
If you have chosen to receive marketing communications from Ford Otosan you can change your mind at any time. If you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from Ford Otosan, please write to the address below:
Akpınar Mahallesi Hasan Basri Caddesi No: 2 34885 Sancaktepe Istanbul Turkey
Or email to:
Or click the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the respective marketing communication.
If you have questions or concerns regarding Ford Otosan's use of your personal information, or would like to access the information that Ford Otosan holds about you or exercise any of the other rights you have in relation to your personal information, please contact Akpınar Mahallesi Hasan Basri Caddesi No: 2 34885 Sancaktepe Istanbul Turkey by addressing to Mr. Serhan Ipekyun or email email@example.com.
Ford Otosan have appointed a Data Protection Officer. You can contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint about the way in which Ford Otosan uses your personal information we hope that in the first instance you will contact us. You may, however, also make a complaint to the European Data Protection Board, which is the authority that upholds information rights in the European Union.
Other websites and social networking
The Websites may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy. If you access other websites using the links provided, the operators of those websites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
The Websites may also offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about Ford Otosan, Ford, the Websites or the products and/or services available through it using third party social networking functionality (such as through “share this”, “like” or “follow” buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in the Websites among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about the Websites with your contacts. However, you should be aware that sharing personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider and being made publicly-available, including through internet search engines.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. If we make substantial or material changes in the way we wish to use your personal information we will communicate providing a prominent notice on the Websites or by contacting you directly. If you do not agree with these changes, please do not continue to use the Websites.
Repair, diagnosis and servicing for your Ford vehicle
When your Ford vehicle was manufactured it was assigned a unique number (the Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN). From the VIN we can tell certain information about your vehicle, including its model, age, the software it uses, its technical specifications.
In order to diagnose, analyse, repair or service your vehicle, the technicians working on it will need to collect the VIN together with certain diagnostic information and information about the current state of your vehicle (for example, what software versions it is using, its mileage etc.).
This information will be transferred to a system run by Ford Otosan so that the technicians working on your vehicle can be provided with vehicle-specific repair, maintenance and diagnostic information (such as wiring diagrams and vehicle software updates) and information about any past work carried out on your vehicle to assist them to diagnose, repair and/or service it and to enable them to maintain their records.
To make sure your vehicle has a comprehensive diagnosis record, information about what work is done to your vehicle when it is serviced or repaired will be linked to the VIN of your vehicle. This will be transferred to the system and stored so that Ford Otosan (or any third parties it authorises to use the system in this way) can make information about past repair or service available to any dealer or repairer anywhere in the world who needs to repair or service your vehicle.
The information held on the system is also used by Ford Otosan to enable the diagnosis, repair of your vehicle, to manage and administer warranties and similar products and services, for product safety and research and development purposes and to enable Ford Otosan to comply with its legal obligations.
In addition to the transfers of information described above, Ford Otosan may also pass this information to:
• companies in the Ford corporate Group for the purposes of research and development and analytics; and/or
• to companies in the Ford corporate Group and/or third parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights, the rights of other companies in the Ford Motor Company corporate group, or the rights of any third party.
You can find out more about the legal grounds we rely on when we use your personal information What lawful grounds do we rely on when we use your personal information?
Given the global nature of the system, VIN information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area by Ford Otosan. You can find out more about the international transfers of personal information we make Transferring your personal information internationally.
Marketing by Ford Otosan
Ford Otosan would like to keep you up-to-date with information on Ford products and services. Please let us know if and how you would like to hear from us by ticking the boxes below.